Thursday, August 4, 2016

LOYALTY



John Kenneth Galbraith was a noted economist in the early 1900s who was called upon by many dignitaries to help sort the economic markets. He wrote the following story in his autobiography about his housekeeper:

“It had been a wearying day & I asked Emily to hold all telephone calls while I had a nap. Shortly thereafter the phone rang. Lyndon Johnson was calling from the White House.

‘Get me Ken Galbraith. This is Lyndon Johnson.’

‘He is sleeping, Mr. President. He said not to disturb him.’

‘Well, wake him up. I want to talk to him.’

‘No, Mr. President. I work for him, not you.’

When I called the President back, he could scarcely control his pleasure. ‘Tell that woman I want her here in the White House.’”

Emily the housekeeper understood an important truth - she was a servant to one man & obeyed his wishes explicitly. Her loyalties were to Mr. Galbraith alone.

What a great example of a true servant!

- (ministry127.com)

Jesus said: “No one can serve two masters, because either he will hate one and love the other, or be loyal to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and riches!” (Mat 6:24 ISV)

“God continually tests people’s character, faith, obedience, love, integrity and loyalty.” -  Rick Warren.

No comments: