Wednesday, November 30, 2016

ADMITTING MISTAKES



A minister was passing a certain farm one day, when he noticed a fine rick of hay, just finished & ready for thatching.

He said to the farmer who was standing by, "That's a very fine rick of hay. Who made it?"

"I did," said the farmer. "I made it."

A few weeks later the minister had occasion to pass the farm again. To his astonishment he saw that the rick, through a heavy gale, had capsized & fallen to the ground. He went to the farmer & condoled with him on his misfortune & again asked, "Who made the rick?"

"There were several of us," was the reply.

That's it! When things go well, we are apt to say, "I did it"; but when they go wrong, we say, "There were several of us."

-Christian Herald. (moreillustrations.com)

“A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.” - John C. Maxwell.

Pro 28:13 (TLB): “A man who refuses to admit his mistakes can never be successful. But if he confesses and forsakes them, he gets another chance.”

“God, send me a friend that will tell me of my faults.” - Thomas Fuller.

No comments: