Monday, November 7, 2016

TRUE WEALTH



"How does it feel to be a millionaire?" George M. Pullman was asked.

"I have never thought of that," replied the maker of Pullman cars & owner of Pullman city; "but, now that you mention it, I believe that I am no better off - certainly not happier, than when I did not have a dollar to my name & had to work from daylight till dark.

I wore a good suit of clothes then & I only wear one suit now. I relished three meals a day then a good deal more than I do three meals a day now. I had fewer cares; I slept better & may add generally, that I believe I was far happier in those days than I have been many times since I became a millionaire.”

True wealth is found in the knowledge of Christ & of His great salvation & in the possession of the real abiding riches which He bestows on all who believe in Him.

- Scattered Seed. (moreillustrations.com)

2 Cor 8:9 (ERV): “You know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. You know that he gave up his heavenly riches for you. He gave up everything so that you could be richly blessed.”

Rev 2:9 (GNT): “I know your troubles; I know that you are poor—but really you are rich!”

“There is nothing wrong with men possessing riches. The wrong comes when riches possess men.” - Billy Graham.

No comments: