Sunday, November 6, 2016

TESTING YOUR LOVE FOR GOD



In an engine-room it is impossible to look into the great boiler & see how much water it contains.

But running up beside it is a tiny glass tube, which serves as a gauge. As the water stands in the little tube, so it stands in the great boiler. When the tube is half full, the boiler is half full; when the tube is empty, the boiler is empty.

Do you ask, "How do I know I love God? I believe I love Him, but I want to know." Look at the gauge. 
Your love for your brother is the measure of your love for God.

- S. S. Chronicle. (moreillustrations.com)

1 Jn 4:21 (NIRV): “Here is the command God has given us. Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.”

“When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now.” -  C.S. Lewis.
 

No comments: