Thursday, November 1, 2018

BE PERFECT



Traversing one night a city street, I was startled by a sharp clanging above my head. On looking up, I found myself directly beneath the tower wherein a huge clock was striking the midnight hour.

I took my watch from my pocket, and lo, the slender overlying hands were pointing exactly to the hour of 12.

It scarcely seemed possible that that tiny piece of mechanism in my hand could keep time with the huge machinery that filled a whole room of the tower; but the proof was before me & as I gazed at the 2 pairs of hands of such diverse proportions, I understood as never before that the most insignificant human being needed only to be clean;

'In running order & divinely regulated to keep time with Divinity itself - to be perfect even as the Father is perfect.

- Northern Christian Advocate. (moreillustrations.com)

Mat 5:48 (GNT): “You must be perfect - just as your Father in heaven is perfect.”

“To live is to change, and to be perfect is to have changed often.” -  John Henry Newman.

“Most of us know perfectly well what we ought to do; our trouble is that we do not want to do it.” -  Peter Marshall.

No comments: