Sunday, November 18, 2018

DO YOU KNOW ME?



I am the greatest criminal in history.

I have killed more men than have fallen in all the wars of the world.

I have turned men into brutes.

I have made millions of homes unhappy.

I have transformed many ambitious youths into hopeless parasites.

I make smooth the downward path for countless millions.

I destroy the weak & weaken the strong.

I make the wise man a fool & trample the fool in his folly.

I ensnare the innocent.

The abandoned wife knows me; the hungry children know me.

I have ruined millions & shall try to ruin more.

I am Alcohol.

- H. W. Gibson. moreillustrations.com)

Pro 20:1 (NLT): “Wine produces mockers; alcohol leads to brawls. Those led astray by drink cannot be wise.”

“If a man gets drunk and goes out and breaks his leg so that it must be amputated, God will forgive him if he asks it, but he will have to hop around on one leg all his life.” -  D.L. Moody.

No comments: