Monday, November 19, 2018

CAN YOU NAME ME?



I never was guilty of wrong action but on my account lives have been lost, trains have been wrecked, ships have gone down at sea, cities have burned, battles have been lost & governments have failed.

I never struck a blow nor spoke an unkind word, but because of me homes have been broken up, friends have grown cold, the laughter of children has ceased, wives have shed bitter tears, brothers & sisters have forgotten, and fathers & mothers have gone broken-hearted to their graves.

I have intended no evil, but because of me talent & genius have come to naught, courtesy & kindness has failed, and the promise of success & happiness has yielded sorrow & disaster.

You may not on the instant call me by name, but surely you are personally acquainted with me. I am Neglect.

- T. M. Olson. (moreillustrations.com)

Pro 8:33 (NET): “Listen to my instruction so that you may be wise, and do not neglect it.”

“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” -  Henry Drummond.

Pro 19:27 (GNT): “My child, when you stop learning, you will soon neglect what you already know.”

No comments: