Thursday, November 8, 2018

RESTITUTION



"Arriving at a house," writes one of the Bible Society's Italian salesperson, as reported in The Life of Faith, “I knocked at the door.”

“Come in,” said a voice from within. I did so & found myself in the presence of a woman who, dusting a chair, invited me to sit down.

She seemed a little embarrassed, and then turning suddenly, said, “What is the price of a New Testament?”

“Two lira, madam.”

She handed me the coin & I was going to give her the book, when she refused it with a gesture. “We have one,” she said; “my son stole it from you a few days ago, but the reading of it brought him to see his sin. So he told me about it & asked me to pay you & apologize."

- Alliance Weekly. (moreillustrations.com)

“The proof of true repentance is immediate restitution.” – Mike Murdock.

Zacchaeus said to the Lord, “I want to do good. I will give half of my money to the poor. If I have cheated anyone, I will pay them back four times more.” (Luke 19:8 ERV).

No comments: