Friday, November 9, 2018

NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF THIS!



Samuel Brengle who was an early Salvation Army official was once introduced as the, “Great Dr. Brengle.” He later wrote in his diary:

“If I appear great in their eyes, the Lord is most graciously helping me to see how absolutely nothing I am without Him & helping me to keep little in my own eyes. He does use me. But I am so concerned that He uses me & that it is not of me the work is done.

The axe cannot boast of the trees it has cut down. It could do nothing but for the woodsman. He made it, he sharpened it & he used it. The moment he throws it aside, it becomes only old iron. O, that I may never lose sight of this.”

- Samuel Logan Brengle, C. W. Hall (ministry127.com)

“I am the fruit tree and you are the branches. I will be in the person who is in me. That person will have a fruitful life. But you can do nothing without me.” – Lord Jesus. (John 15:5 WE)

“It does not take great men to do great things; it only takes consecrated men.” -  Phillips Brooks.

Phil 4:13 (ICB): “I can do all things through Christ because he gives me strength.”

No comments: