Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A YOUNG MAN’S QUESTION


A young man of twenty wrote to the ‘Question and Answer’ column of a newspaper as follows:

"I'm puzzled about life & I wonder if you could help me? Am I different from everyone else of my age? Or do they wear false masks as I do? I go to parties & dances & act as if I were enjoying myself like everyone else I know. But I am not enjoying myself at all. I always feel that there is something missing & I don't know what it is. . .”

This young man was asking someone what the matter with him was, but got no help. He was not asking the right One. The Word of God would have put him on the right track.

- Young People's Delight. - (moreillustrations.com)

1 John 5:11-12 (WEB): "The testimony is this: God gave to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has the life. He who doesn’t have God’s Son doesn’t have the life."

“There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus.” - Blaise Pascal (French Mathematician, Philosopher & Physicist, 1623-1662).

No comments: