Sunday, January 17, 2016

BE CONTENT WHERE YOU ARE


The story is told about a pilot who always looked down intently on a certain valley in the Appalachians when the plane passed overhead.

One day his co-pilot asked, “What’s so interesting about that spot?”

The pilot replied, “See that stream? Well, when I was a kid I used to sit down there on a log & fish. Every time an airplane flew over, I would look up & wish I were flying... Now I look down & wish I were fishing.”

It is always tempting to think that others have it better than we do, and that if we just had “a little more” everything would be fine.

But contentment cannot be achieved by increasing possessions. Nothing will ever be enough.


“We do not content ourselves with the life we have in ourselves; we desire to live an imaginary life in the minds of others, and for this purpose we try to shine.” - Blaise Pascal.

The Bible says: “But godliness with contentment is great gain.” (1Tim 6:6 KJV)

No comments: