Thursday, January 21, 2016

FAITH AND WORKS


Two men were once earnestly disputing the relative importance of faith & works when they came to a ferry over a river. As they started across they asked the ferryman his opinion on the subject. Was it faith by itself, or works by themselves that was the Christian duty & the Christian hope?

For answer the godly ferryman pointed to his two oars. "One," he said, "I will call faith, the other, works. If I pull only on this one oar, the right oar, I get nowhere, but go round in a circle. So is the case if I pull only on the left oar. But when I pull on both oars, then the ferry moves across the river."


“Faith and works are bound up in the same bundle. He that obeys God trusts God; and he that trusts God obeys God. He that is without faith is without works; and he that is without works is without faith.” - Charles Spurgeon.

Js 2:26 (GNB): “As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.”

No comments: