Monday, January 25, 2016

MORE REMARKABLE PROVIDENCE


Dr. John Witherspoon, signer of the Declaration of Independence & president of the College of New Jersey, which became Princeton University, lived at Tusculum, a country seat at Rocky Hill, about two miles from the college, and drove every day to his duties as teacher & president.

One day a neighbor came excitedly into his study at the college and said, "Dr. Witherspoon, you must join me in giving thanks to God for his extraordinary providence in saving my life, for as I was driving from Rocky Hill the horse ran away & the buggy was smashed to pieces on the rocks, but I escaped unharmed!"

"Why," answered Dr. Widierspoon, "I can tell you a far more remarkable providence than that. I have driven over that road hundreds of times. My horse never ran away, my buggy never was smashed, I was never hurt."

-(moreillustrations.com)                                                                          

Ps 103:2 (NHEB): “Praise the Lord, my soul, and do not forget all his benefits.”


“It is comforting to know that not only the steps but also the stops of a good man are ordered by the Lord.”  -  George Mueller.

No comments: