Wednesday, January 27, 2016

PRAYER CHANGES THINGS


A visitor to the White House during the days of the Civil War said:

"I had been spending three weeks in the White House with Mr. Lincoln as his guest. One night - it was just after the battle of Bull Run - I was restless & could not sleep. It was coming near to the dawn of the day, when I heard low tones proceeding from a private room where the President slept. The door was partly open. Instinctively I walked in & there I saw a sight which I shall never forget.

It was the President kneeling before an open Bible. The light was turned low in the room. His back was toward me. I shall never forget his tones so piteous & so sorrowful:

'O Thou God, that heard Solomon in the night when he prayed & cried for wisdom, hear me! I cannot lead this people; I cannot guide the affairs of this nation without Thy help. I am poor & weak & sinful. O God, thou didst hear Solomon when he cried for wisdom - hear me & save this nation.'
God heard & He answered him then & there. Will He not answer today?"

- Christian Beacon. - (moreillustrations.com)


“To preserve our blessed land we must look to God….It is time to realize that we need God more than He needs us….We also have His promise that we could take to heart with regard to our country, that ‘If my people, which are called by my name shall humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.’’’ (2 Chro 7:14) - Ronald Reagan.

No comments: