Tuesday, January 19, 2016

THE SWEETEST VERSE IN THE BIBLE


A young Christian, at the deathbed of an aged saint, said to him, "Shall I read to you the sweetest verse in the Bible?"

"Yes," was the reply. The young man read the verse in John 14: "In My Father's House are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."

"No," said the dying saint, "that is not the sweetest verse. Read on." The young man read on: "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

"That is the sweetest," said the dying man. "It is not the mansions - it is Himself I want."

- Messenger of Peace (moreillustrations.com)

“Death may be the king of terrors... but Jesus is the King of kings!” - D.L. Moody.

No comments: