Thursday, January 7, 2016

GOD’S LOVE


I remember, when I was a boy, going to a missionary meeting. A missionary was there from Africa & was showing us a whole lot of curious things & then he said, "Now, boys, I want to tell you the kind of Gospel we preach to the people of Africa. How many good boys have we here?"

A lot of us thought we were good, but our mothers were there & so not one of us dared hold up his hand.
"Well," said he, "not one good boy here; then I have the same message for you that we have for the heathen in Africa; God loves naughty boys.”

"My," I thought, "he is getting all mixed up," for you see I had heard people say, "If you are good God will love you."

But, dear friends, that is not true. God is not waiting for you to be good so He can love you; God loves sinners. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom 5:8)

- H. A. Ironside. (moreillustrations.com)

“God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, ‘I love you.’" - Billy Graham.

“Whom should we love, if not Him who loved us, and gave Himself for us?” - Augustus Toplady.

Lord Jesus said: “If you love me, you will obey my commandments.” (John 14:15)

No comments: