1) To believe is cheap and costs us nothing. But to follow Christ is costly and He asks us first to consider the cost.
2) Believers consider themselves first, but disciples consider Christ first.
3) Believers produce no perfect fruit, but disciples are known by their fruit.
4) Belief saves soul, but discipleship glorifies Christ.
5) Believers go to heaven, but disciples are greatly rewarded there.
- Selected. (moreillustrations.com)
“No matter how high the powers of reason, no matter how deep the intellect, no one can discover God's secret messages without paying the cost of true discipleship. - Winkie Pratney.
Mat 28:18-20 (NET): Then Jesus came up and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make DISCIPLES of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey EVERYTHING I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
“Only a disciple can make a disciple.” - A.W. Tozer.