Thursday, March 3, 2016

REPENTANCE AND RESTITUTION



A little boy had broken the glass of a street lamp & was greatly disturbed. "What shall I do?" he asked his father in trepidation.

"Do?" cried his father, "tell the lamplighter about it, ask him what you must pay; then go & settle like a man."

This very practical way of dealing with the matter was not what the boy was looking for & he whimperingly replied, "I - I - thought that all I had to do was to ask God to forgive me."

Be sure God will freely forgive us, when in obedience to His Word we turn our steps into the way of righteousness. 

- C. F. Goss. (moreillustrations.com)

Luke 19:8-9 (GNB): “Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Listen, sir! I will give half my belongings to the poor, and if I have cheated anyone, I will pay back four times as much.”  Jesus said to him, “Salvation has come to this house today….”

“Repentance, as we know, is basically not moaning and remorse, but turning and change.” - J.I. Packer.
 

No comments: